Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Interview With Yelle Hughes


I'd like to welcome Yelle Hughes to my blog. Yelle is an excellent writer (I've read her books and the two of us have worked as critique partners) and likes to write about Greek Mythology like I do.

1. Tell us about your books. What makes them special?

My books are a mixture of genres. Fantasy, urban, romance, erotica, multicultural, humor and a little bit of Sci-Fi.
 
2. What inspired you to write about greek mythology?
 
I grew up on reading and watching the stories of Greek Mythology. I was pretty much a loner and a dreamer. Those stories always fascinated me.
 
3. Who is your favorite character in your stories?
 
They are all my favorite but if I had to pick one, I would choose Ariadne, she’s pretty much me, at a younger age.
 
4. How long did it take you to finish writing each book?
 
My first, took 20 years (not kidding) the second Eros, took me about a year to get it all done. My short Scifi took me actually a month to complete
 
5. What are you working on now?
 
Right now, Eros is getting the editing touch up and I just started the third in the series, Zephyrus.
 
6. What made you decide to self-publish?
 
It was a long and hard debate with myself, publishing companies I submitted to, when I first started to become an author full-time. Luckily, I joined the profession when self-publishing was made easier for people like me.
 
7. What have you learned about self-publishing so far?
 
That it’s hard work and everything is pretty much left up to you, but I have a great support group that has guided me the way.
 
8. Who is your favorite author?
 
There are so many out there, but the first name that comes to mind is, Sherrilyn Kenyon. She used Greek mythology as her base and her Dark Hunters series is the best out there.
 
9. What is your favorite novel?
 
My favorite novel is the Illiad. The lies, alliances, the stupidity and wisdom are all captured by Homer.
 
10. If you could live in the world you created, would you? Why or why not?
 
Who wouldn’t live in a world where you could do anything you want, be anything you want, live anywhere you want, but you were upheld to be a good, decent and moral person.
 
11. Who is your favorite Greek God?
 
I’d say Eros. It was his story, “Cupid and Psyche” that started me on my quest to learn everything about Greek Mythology. He was always portrayed as the chubby little cherub, but in his story, he was a man and a husband. In my story, I push him further away from that description. He actually quits his job as the god of Love.
 
12. How many books will be in this series? What will those books be about?
 
Right now, four books are set for the Aegean Chronicles series. If things go great and the readers would like more, I have an outline for the fifth book.
 
13. Who designed your covers?
 
A long time ago when I was dreaming of my characters, symbols of what they present came to mind. I have asked some graphic designers to help, only it seemed I wasn’t explaining the concept right because no one got it. So, I did some research, studied tutorials and created them myself.



 
What happens when your ancestor, who happens to be a pedophile, a rapist and a cold-blooded killer, tries to kill you? Even stuffs his daughter into a box and throws them into the sea?
 
Luckily for Ariadne Phillips, Triton, god of the sea, travels across the ocean to protect her. Reluctantly you might add.
 
Sent by his father to watch a silly mortal, Taz plans to ship her off to No Man’s Land, so he can go back home to max and relax.
 
When green eyes meet hazel, it’s a done deal. Taz wants to keep the only mortal who can make him laugh and cry at the same time, while Ari gets a dream trip to Greece, to be a model and finally use her self-defense training to kick some butt.
 
Happily ever after can’t be reached without Taz discovering his mortal flaw. Gods can and do die. Ari can’t join the immortal ranks without fighting the crockety Fates for her soul.
 

3 comments:

Yelle Hughes said...

Thank you so much for the interview! I love your blog.

Olga said...

Great interview! Fantastic to learn more about Yelle!

Unknown said...

There are so many web, but only that I think your website helpful, thank you


Obat Benjolan Di Leher
Obat Syaraf Kejepit
Cara Mengobati Penyakit
Obat Alami Untuk Ibu Hamil Yang Aman
Menghilangkan Penyakit Wasir