Monday, October 7, 2013

Guilty Pleasures

What are some of your guilty pleasures? There's lots of things that people like, but I'm talking about the embarrassing things that you like.

Mine are . . . .

1. Reality Shows-Although most people mock reality shows, there are some that I'm addicted to. When I had my most recent kidney stone, I watched the entirety of Keeping Up With The Kardashians and all its spin-offs. I annoyed my fiance and family by telling them about how excited I was that Kim was pregnant.

I've also been addicted to shows like the Bachelor and the Bachelorette in the past. I got through one of my big break-ups by watching a season of the Bachelor with my Mom and sighing/crying through the whole thing.

And lately I've been watching shows like the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and New York!

2. Professional Wrestling-I'm a huge fan of professional wrestling. I will admit that I know the outcome of the matches is usually planned ahead of time and that the storylines are sometimes corny or predictable, but after watching it for awhile, I've gotten addicted to it and I even admire a lot of the professional wrestlers.

They work very hard to have the bodies they do and sometimes sustain injuries while performing their stunts. Many of them are excellent actors. I'm a type of entertainer as well and I know how difficult it can be to make a bunch of people care about what you are doing. When you see a large crowd of people cheering for a wrestler or booing them to stop, I have a high appreciation for that. Their goal is to make the crowd react instead of sit around, bored. That can be difficult to do.

3. Romantic Movies-I love romantic movies so much. They're sappy and appeal to the hopeless romantic inside of me. Although a big part of the reason I call them a guilty pleasure is that no one else in my family likes them. I usually have to see them alone because I don't want to hear how much they suck from whoever I saw it with.

4. Mindless Fiction-I love reading deep novels and analyzing them, but to tell you the truth, sometimes I'm too tired to. I read a lot when I get insomnia-for instance, last night I read from 2 am-5 am because I couldn't sleep. I was exhausted and not in the mood for thinking too hard about what I was reading, so I stuck to a feel-good YA novel.

----

What are some of your guilty pleasures?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)


Obat Penyakit Jantung
Penyebab TBC Kelenjar
Obat Gatal Bibir Vagina
Cara Mengobati Vitiligol
Pengobatan Infeksi Jantung