Monday, May 13, 2013

Why I Love My Mother

I'm a little late for Mother's Day, but I thought this was important. Last year I didn't make a mother's day post, but I thought it would be appropriate to make one today.

I don't talk about my mother a lot, but she's one of the most important people in the world to me. When I write, there are parts of her that exist in some of the characters I write about.

My Mother was a feminist when she was in college, so when she got married and became a housewife, she always felt like a failure because she wasn't a career woman. Especially when I was a toddler and she asked me what I wanted to be when I grew-up and I told her,"A Mommy! Just like you!" She wanted me to say that I wanted to be the next President or that I wanted to be a teacher or a lawyer (like my father.)

The thing my Mother failed to realize was that she still taught me how to be a strong woman. Because strong women come in all different types. My Mother has gone through things in life that might have emotionally crippled other people, but she's always remained strong and always made me feel loved, even when she wasn't feeling loved by other people.

She gave me a place to go when the world was falling apart around me (a home) where I could feel safer and better about life. My mother did it without good examples of how to be a mother in her life. She did the right thing and became the best Mother she could be even faced with a lot of adversity.

Happy (Late) Mother's Day to all the wonderful mothers out there!

3 comments:

Martin Willoughby said...

Freedom and equality mean the right to choose, and if that means wanting to be a mother, so be it.

Mothers are among the most important people in the world, far more so than any king, queen, business leader or politician.

Unknown said...

There are so many web, but only that I think your website helpful, thank you


Obat TBC Kelenjar
Obat Polip Di Usus
Mengobati Kanker Kerongkongan
Obat Benjolan Di Bibir Vagina
Makanan Yang Harus Di Jauhi Para Penderita Infeksi Jantung

Blogger said...

Invest in Ripple on eToro the World's Top Social Trading Network!

Join 1,000,000's who have already found smarter strategies for investing in Ripple...

Learn from profitable eToro traders or copy their orders automatically!